Monday, March 16, 2009

March Madness Time!

This tournament is about to be so crazy, I got 4 brackets for all my different possibilities, and maybe another one on the way. My favorite team Maryland pulled it through and got the tenth seed in the West Region. They play Cal (7) Thursday at 2:55. I'm pretty confident that the Terps win that game, but I'm not so sure about Memphis. They have a lot of speed and are just a solid all-around team surprisingly, since this team is very different from last year's runner-up. I can see it going any way, since Maryland is so inconsistent.
Now for my Final Fours. In one of my ESPN brackets, I have Memphis, Kansas, UNC and Pitt, with Kansas winning that one, mainly because of Sherron Collins. In my other ESPN bracket, I have Oklahoma, Pitt, Louisville, and UConn, Oklahoma winning it all. That is, if Blake Griffin is healthy and the guards play as best as they can. Now to the Facebook brackets. I have two brackets on here, and in on of them, I see the Final Four as Kansas, UConn, Pitt and UNC, with UNC winning the whole thing. My last bracket, for now, has Pitt, Oklahoma, Kansas and UConn, with UConn and Pitt meeting in the final. I can see Pittsburgh winning it all if this happens, because they clearly have an edge on UConn. Their only problem is, they go as far as DeJaun Blair. They better hope he doesn't get into foul trouble.
Those are all the possibilites that I can see right now. And for the record, Duke will lose to Nova in the second round.

No comments: