Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Reflection

This Saturday I heard Ray Lewis was gonna be up at Dick's to promote those new Under Armour kicks, the new Prototypes, so I had to go.  When he came out, instead of signing autographs, taking pictures with people, and just promoting the shoes, he gave a speech that was more life-changing and made me think about what I was doing.  He was talking about how you must work hard to be great, not good.  He said that good will get you remembered for a short time, but being great is a lot of good things put together, and that will get you remembered for a long time.  If you want something that bad, make it your lifestyle because in order to get something, you must sacrifice another.  Now that got me thinking a lot.  During the school year, I always do my best in the first quarter, not just because it's the easiest, but because I work so hard in soccer, that it just carries over to my school work, and once the season ends and I start to chill and get lazy, my grades get lower.  I realized I'm not putting in the effort to do as well as I can in school because I wasn't putting effort in what needed to be done.  I also realized that I need to get in great shape for varsity this coming season, so I decided that I was going to begin working out hard, and focus more on school that hanging with my friends or wasting my time playing xbox and watching tv as much as I did earlier in the school year.  I think that readers can relate to how I was feeling, so I decided to post it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe thats cuuteee :]

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, sometimes a lil' inspiration from a role model is all you need to jump-start a new way of living